Saturday, May 29, 2010

Forgot to Mention

A lot of other pcts and friends have been keeping up with their blogs a LOT better. So if you would like to see what we are up to, please please check out their blogs in the list on the right. They're doing a GREAT job.

In the meantime, thank you for visiting. It means a lot to me to know that you guys are still thinking of me. Without cell service/ internet/ easy access to mail for the past few weeks (and it seems the rest of my time here), it's really great to know that I'm not alone. Especially since a lot of times, I wonder what I'm doing here.

TBH, I'm constantly wanting just one day to be back at home, eat a burger, have a beer, and watch some TV with friends. but given that I can't do that, I'm trying to get by with my new friends here and the little pleasures we've discovered, like chocolate, ice cream, and (i found in ghanzi today) oreos!! But those moments are getting fewer and far between. My site is pretty isolated from the rest of the PCV community here, as it takes 2 hours by hitch hiking to get to the town over for groceries, cell phone service, post and internet. But I'm fortunate to have what I have and am eager to start soon.

Again, miss you!

1 comment: