Sunday, April 24, 2011

I had an ideal easter sunday morning! went on a horseback safari with friends Amanda and Todd, got to meet a beautiful horse named seeshaw (or something) and rode with giraffes, zebras, and antelopes! In the back of this picture, there is a family of giraffes (see more pictures on that other tab).

I think I'm in love with horseback riding.

Afterwards, we went to a farmers market and had cappucinno's latte's and croissants at a cafe with homemade chutney and hot sauce. I wish I could've stayed longer; they sold ducklings, homemade jam and salsas, large american-style muffins, pineapple beer and other goodies.

It is going to be incredibly difficult to tear myself away from this place. The sound of the river, fish jumping, birds cooing, bats flapping, good food, a hot open air shower, a nice tent, drinking and eating at leisure without having to face the challenges of flagging down and negotiating with taxi drivers, walking on hot, dusty roads, getting stuck in bad traffic, waiting in long lines at the atm, and what I'm dreading most, finding transportation to my village.

But all good things must come to an end... right? :(

Happy Easter Everyone!


1 comment:

  1. A memorable Easter Sunday...Sounds like a nice one. :-)

    ReplyDelete