Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Ramones

I haven't posted music lyrics on my blog since I was a kid, but today this one seems wildly appropriate. I woke up with this song on my brain. All I wanna do today is listen to this song and finishing the movie "The Tourist" which I saw the first few minutes of in a bus. Of course, I don't have these two items in my collection, even though I have all sorts of media that I'm never going to watch, like various car shows and horror movies and music that drives me insane (Backstreet Boys, Elevator Jazz, the Soundtrack of Romeo and Juliet, the Ballet) that come on at the most inopportune times, like now, coming in after an infuriating wrestling session in my garden with a bunch of crooked sticks, string, and shade netting to Billy Gilman singing a joyous rendition of "One Horse Open Sleigh" ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go I wanna be sedated
Nothin' to do and no where to go-o-oh I wanna be sedated
Just get me to the airport put me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane
I can't control my fingers I can't control my brain
Oh no no no no no

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go I wanna be sedated
Nothin' to do and no where to go-o-o I wanna be sedated
Just put me in a wheelchair get me to the show
Hurry hurry hurry before I go loco
I can't control my fingers I can't control my toes

Oh no no no no no

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go...
Just put me in a wheelchair...
Ba-ba-bamp-ba ba-ba-ba-bamp-ba I wanna be sedated
Ba-ba-bamp-ba ba-ba-ba-bamp-ba I wanna be sedated
Ba-ba-bamp-ba ba-ba-ba-bamp-ba I wanna be sedated
Ba-ba-bamp-ba ba-ba-ba-bamp-ba I wanna be sedated

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sunny!

    You have a very nice blog, and it is really coll to be able to read it. The stuff you do as a PCV is amazing, hope you are having a great time!

    My name is Rajko and I am from Montenegro, small country in southeastern Europe. I was wondering if it's possible for you to help me with my project. I am trying to collect postcards from every country in the world, and I still miss Botswana in my collection. So far, I've managed to collect postcards from almost 200 countries, and having postcard sent from Botswana would make my day, and I would be forever grateful to you! Of course, I can send you back anything you would like to receive from my country, just let me know what. I also have my postcard blog, where I show my collection day by day, you are very welcome to visit it: http://mnepostcards.blogspot.com/

    Thanks a lot for your help in advance! Here is my email: rajkogolovic@gmail.com

    Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Yours faithfully,
    Rajko

    ReplyDelete