Wednesday, January 4, 2012


Happy New Year everyone! It is hot hot hot here now and it's hard to feel sane. My electricity is still out (it's been a month and 2 weeks now) and so I'm looking for relief anywhere i can find it, bathtub, hot coffee, ginseng tea that my mom sent. Sweat sucks but it's better than internally combusting from the heat. Life by candlelight is certainly an experience. I was eating dinner tonight (freeze dried beef terriyaki sent from my brother!) and could only just sit there and eat. Normally I watch a movie or read a book or something. But because there's no electricity, my activities were limited. It was nice. Just sitting and enjoying the taste of good food, watching the sun go down. I can see how there is value to eating blindfolded/in the dark (isn't that a new restaurant trend?). In bad news, my friend thato says that the water will likely run out tomorrow. So I've prepared by doing all my laundry and filling my bottles and buckets.

I hope you all had a wonderful new year. I spent mine in the company of friends in Tsodilo hills, a holy place full of ancient rituals and mysteries surrounded by cave paintings from as old as 4000 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment