Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Let's go fly a kite

Today was a milestone day in my life here in New Xade. Mma Wabobi, Mma Moselakatsi, and I gathered the OVC's and I gave them almost all of my clothes. As we passed them out according to size, they put them on, layer after layer. One lucky girl (because she was one of the biggest) ended up getting so many items she had nearly 3 layers on.

Then I showed them how to fly kites. Well I tried to show them, but it's been so long that I made a bit of a mess of it. Since there was little to no wind, the kite didn't really fly, but it's ok. It was more a demonstration than anything else. I only spent about 1.5 hours with them, and we didn't do a thing that was educational, but I have to say, it was probably one of my satisfying days.



No comments:

Post a Comment